Monday, October 15, 2012

It's Been a Long, Long, Time...

I cannot believe how time has flown. I didn't think it had been so long since I took a non intended blog break, but here it is, halfway through October and I've finally had a chance to sit and write.  

There is so much going on I don't even know where to begin.  I think I mentioned in a past post that my husband and I are making steps to move across the country and the time is coming closer to just take that step of faith and move.  There have been so many closed doors where we are now and the last door is about to close at the end of this month.  My husband's part-time job at the church is ending and since that was his main stable form of income, we are taking that as a sign from the Lord that it's time to move on.  

So what's the plan now?  Well, after much praying and searching scriptures and seeking out wise counsel from our mentors, the plan is that sometime in November, my husband will move first.  We have some friends and family in the city where we plan to go and he will couch surf while he plans to make his full time job, looking for a full-time job. The plan for me?  Well, at this point, I am looking for a seasonal part-time job to help pay our bills while he is looking for work.  Thankfully, we have absolutely no debt and I will be moving in with my best friend and only have to share a portion of utilities and food, so our bills will be really low.  The other benefit is that my best friend has a full time job and she's going to school for her master's program, so I can help with household chores and cooking so that she can focus on her schooling. We are praying and hoping that he will find a job by the beginning of the year. Once he gets a job, he will find us an apartment and them come back and get me.

At this point,  I'm a bit conflicted.  While we are so excited to see what the Lord has for us in our new city, the only part I don't like about this whole plan is being apart from my husband for a couple of months.  In the grand scheme of things, a couple months is nothing, but I'm really not looking forward to him being so far away.  

I am trying to stay positive, so another way I'm looking at it is it's like we will be newlyweds all over again!  We are basically starting over as our own unit so it will be fun to be reunited and re-settle in our new home.

So that's the scoop for now.  Things may change, but the more time we spend in prayer over this, the more we feel this is the right thing to do.  Keep us in your prayers, please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment